TITLE: Youth Development Professional
REPORTS TO: Program Director/Unit Director/CEO
RATE: $8.00/hr min. – $12.00/hr max
STATUS: Part Time
WORK SCHEDULE: 2:00 PM-7:00 PM M-F
The Youth Development Professional will plan, implement, lead and supervise age and developmentally appropriate activities within a specific program area, such as Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education. The programs are expected to nurture the positive development of all Club members by promoting our core values of honesty, respect and responsibility. The YDP will work daily to develop meaningful relationships with Club members.
- Create a program environment that promotes and facilitates physical and emotional safety of children:
- promote and stimulate program participation of all members through the implementation of engaging and appropriate activities
- provide constructive guidance that facilitates the development of positive decision making skills
- provide a high level of supervision promoting positive social behavior and a sense of belonging
- Orient new members on social behavior expectations, general rules, programs and activities and Club safety matters
- Recognize Club members for program participation, accomplishments and achievement
Program Planning, Development and Implementation
2. Prepare and submit weekly lesson plans to supervisor by established deadline (Friday) that align with BOE Curriculum Map.
3. Effectively implement the programs and activities outlined on Lesson Plans
4. Assess and evaluate participation in activities to ensure interest and engagement of participants, and desired outcomes are being met.
5. Ensure a productive work environment by keeping program area clean, organized, child friendly and safe:
a. create an environment that is conducive to the programs facilitated which include bulletin boards, posters, and special recognition and are updated monthly
b. ensure equipment and furniture is in safe and working condition or removed
c. provide centers or stations that afford children with activity choice
- Complete and submit detailed and timely reports including but not limited to: a. Attendance and participation records
- Discipline/Injury reports
- The Boys & Girls Club of Bulloch County Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace Revised 01/2018
1. May be required to participate in special programs or events outside of normal work parameters.
2. May be required to drive company vehicles.
3. Participate in scheduled staff meetings
4. Any other duties asked or assigned by supervisor
Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club Members, and Supervisor necessary to: receive/provide information; discuss issues; explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
• A minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
• Experience in childcare or education instruction is preferred.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to motivate children and manage behavior problems in a positive manner
• Valid State Driver’s License
Certifications required within 90 days of hire:
CPR/AED and First Aid
Foundation level of the School of Youth Development (BGCA)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time. Physical ability to react quickly in safety situations.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.