BGC Bulloch County is Now Accepting Applications for an Administrative Assistant!
To Apply: Applicants are asked to submit a resume, including 4 Professional References, to be received on or before March 18, 2018.
Boys & Girls Club of Bulloch County
ATTN: Mike Jones
1 Lee Hill Dr.
Statesboro, GA. 30458
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Assistant Executive Director/CEO
WORK SCHEDULE: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Part time
RATE: Administration $8/hr – $12/hr
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer, Assistant Executive Director and other administrative staff. Supports the daily operations of the Boys & Girls Club of Bulloch County to include: preparation of correspondence and reports; manage mailings; maintain supply inventory; answering phones; a high level of customer service through verbal and written communication with the community, guests, staff, volunteers and Board members; preparation of Board of Director meeting packets; processing new hires; coordinating the Volunteer Program; and serving as the key operator of the GAPS/Cogent background check system.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Cheerfully and professionally answer and route incoming calls regarding donations, BGC membership, volunteering, and employment.
2. Welcome visitors and guests
3. Informed about the BGC, Mission and Values, and provides information by answering questions and requests
1. Coordinates the Volunteer Program
2. Accepts and processes Volunteer applications and background checks
3. Manages the Volunteer Management database with accuracy
4. Coordinates and schedules Volunteer orientations with the Assistant Executive Director
5. Ensures volunteer attendance is entered into the volunteer management database weekly
6. Prepares Volunteer transcripts
7. Maintains the Volunteer webpage
1. Schedules employment interviews
2. Processes all new hires, ensuring completion of all pre-employment screenings and required employment records
3. Creates Employee Files for new hires
4. Schedules, processes, and performs criminal background checks on new employees and GAPS/Cogent clients
1. Maintains the BGC calendar
2. Assists the Assistant Executive Director with preparation and mailing of donor acknowledgement letters
3. Assists the Assistant Executive Director with preparation of Campaign mailings
4. Sends correspondence to Board members regarding monthly and/or committee meetings
5. Maintains Board of Directors information, preparation of monthly meeting notebooks, meal arrangements, and other Board materials and information as needed.
6. Copy Room Operator – ensures operation of Copy Room equipment, calls for repairs, maintains equipment inventory, and ensures the area is clean and organized.
7. Maintains Supply Room, conducts inventory, prepares orders and submits to the Book Keeper, and ensures the area is clean and organized.
1. May be required to participate in special Club related programs and/or events outside of normal work parameters.
2. May be required to drive company vehicles.
3. Participate in scheduled staff meetings.
4. All other duties assigned by the Assistant Executive Director or Chief Executive Officer.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
1. Ability to uphold the organization’s mission and values
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Google (Docs and Calendar)
3. Ability to become familiar with Data Management software
4. Strong organizational, problem solving, and multitasking abilities including effective time management and attention to detail
5. Ability to apply critical thinking skills when problem solving
6. Respect for diversity, and willingness to listen with patience
7. Emotional Maturity
8. Exceptional verbal and written communication
9. Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills including a friendly and professional demeanor
10. Ability to contribute ideas and participate as member of a high performing team
✓ Minimum 3-5 years as an Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant/Office Manager
✓ Bachelor’s Degree from accredited College/University Preferred
✓ Valid Georgia Drivers License with safe driving history
✓ Reliable transportation
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.